Please note, this position will be home-based (for the foreseeable future and potentially permanently). All candidates must demonstrate they have a suitable home office with computer, stable internet connection and telephone capabilities. Office hours are approximately 9 a.m.-5 p.m. ET.
Secretariat Central is a dynamic and creative association management company (AMC) looking for an exceptional Administrative Assistant.
Located in Markham, we provide association management services to not-for-profit healthcare and other Canadian associations and charities. Our mission is to provide our clients with the very best customer service and a platform from which to grow. Our associations are making a real difference in the world – and we are there to support them achieve their objectives. We are passionate about our associations and we know that our company’s most valuable asset is our team.
The opportunity: You will provide administrative and project support to our clients as part of a client team, led by our President. The team also includes shared services (accounting, IT and conference management). You will be the front face of the association and will be expected to represent its interests with integrity, diligence and commitment.
Starting date: ASAP.
You will perform the following:
- MEMBERSHIP COORDINATION
- WEBSITE COORDINATION
- PROJECT COORDINATION
- MEETING COORDINATION
To do this job successfully, you must be highly organized, efficient, and able to juggle multiple priorities!
- 2+ years’ experience where you demonstrated similar not-for-profit experience and a commitment to client service excellence, even if volunteer.
- Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, interact with internal and external contacts and respond to and follow up on their requests.
- Self-motivated with ability to prioritize, multi-task and demonstrate excellent time management and customer-service skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Happy, professional demeanor.
- Ability to work under tight timelines and with limited guidance in an ever-changing environment.
- Superior interpersonal skills to work with staff and clients.
- Ability to take concise meeting minutes and prepare reports.
- Proficient with the following: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, social media.
- Experience working with an association or association management, not-for-profit or healthcare organization.
- Fluency in French an asset.
- Canadians from all parts of the country are encouraged to apply.
Benefits: We pride ourselves on providing a great work culture, health care spending allowance, the excitement of travel & bonus days off!
Please send a cover letter identifying how your experience matches with our requirements and include your resume and salary requirements. Please note we will not accept any submissions that do not include your resume, cover letter and salary expectations.
*Please note that if you come to our workplace for occasional meetings, that the office is not wheelchair accessible and that there are 20+ stairs to climb.
**We regret that only candidates we choose to interview will be contacted.
Date Posted: 4/24/2020